Wednesday, July 27, 2016

JA Alumni Spotlight: Macario Butler

JA Alumni Spotlight: Macario Butler


In anticipation of our first ever Student & Alumni Networking Night, we are featuring a JA alum each week leading up to the July 28th event! This week, we caught up with Macario, a rising sophomore and Food Science Major at the University of Kentucky.




Macario Butler
University of Kentucky '19
JA Fellows '15
 

 
Years Participated in the JA Fellows Program:
2013 - 2015
 
Current School & Occupation:
Rising Sophomore at the University of Kentucky & Tyson Foods Intern
 
Why are you excited to attend the first ever JA Fellows Student & Alumni Networking Night? I am excited to attend the JA Student & Alumni Networking Night because I believe that maintaining past connections with an organization such as Junior Achievement is very important. I am also excited to interact with current JA Fellows members and learn about their goals and aspirations for the future.
 
What is your favorite memory from your time in Junior Achievement?
My favorite memory from Junior Achievement was during the 25th Annual JA Atlanta Business Hall of Fame Ceremony. I truly enjoyed having the opportunity to share my story on how JA of Georgia has impacted my life in an awesome way. Junior Achievement allows you to go outside of your comfort zone by creating an environment for you to be successful.
 
 
How has your experience with Junior Achievement impacted you since high school?
Junior Achievement has impacted my life in an amazing way. JA taught me the importance of taking advantage of unexpected opportunities. I have been blessed with a wide variety of opportunities during my freshman year at the University of Kentucky. I have connected with a few chief executive officers of top food corporations including: Papa John's and Fazoli's. I will also serve as a Resident Advisor at the University of Kentucky for the upcoming academic year.

Do you still keep in contact with anyone you met through Junior Achievement?
I am still connected with most of my former teammates and other alumni members via text or through social media. In the JA Fellows Program, you have the opportunity to build strong relationships because of the opportunities JA provides to their students.



We look forward to seeing all of our guests this Thursday at the event! If you were not able to attend this year's Student & Alumni Networking Night, stay tuned for a recap of the event and more opportunities to stay connected to JA.