Tuesday, July 12, 2016

JA Alumni Spotlight: Tyler McCain

JA Alumni Spotlight: Tyler McCain 


In anticipation of our first ever Student & Alumni Networking Night, we are featuring a JA alum each week leading up to the July 28th event! This week, we caught up with Tyler McCain, a rising sophomore at Georgia State University and a JA Fellows alum of 2015.




Tyler McCain
Georgia State University '19
JA Fellows '15
 

 
Years Participated in the JA Fellows Program:
2011-2015
 
Current School/Occupation:
I currently study finance at Georgia State University. In addition to that, I am the Chief Marketing Officer for Equities Lab, a software development firm that builds investment analysis solutions.
 
Why are you excited to attend the first ever JA Fellows Student & Alumni Networking Night? Junior Achievement played a major role in my life throughout my high school career. It has helped shape who I am today and given me experiences that I wouldn't have found anywhere else. Because of this, I feel that it is my duty to share my experience and help this wonderful organization and the students associated with it in any way that I can.
 
What is your favorite memory from your time in Junior Achievement?
My first Hall of Fame event. At this event, I had the opportunity to introduce Mr. E. Jenner Wood into the Junior Achievement Hall of Fame as well as meet and network with other business leaders from Atlanta.
 
How has your experience with Junior Achievement impacted you since high school?
My experiences with the Fellows program have opened countless doors since leaving high school. Thanks to my efforts over the past year, we have been able to double Equities Lab's client base, and I honestly don't believe that would have happened had I not had my experiences with the Fellows program in starting and growing a company from scratch.
 
Do you still keep in contact with anyone you met through Junior Achievement?

I still keep in contact with most everyone I met throughout the program. Specifically, I have kept in close contact with Mr. Wood and have taken on a mentee role.
 

 
 
 
 

Be sure to attend our Student & Alumni Networking Night on Thursday July 28th in order to meet Tyler and dozens of other amazing alumni of the JA programs! RSVP today by clicking on the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/student-alumni-networking-night-tickets-26225589444